www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Musky report

Default Musky report

The past 2 week have been rather interesting weather wise. We had 7-10 days of above temps and then back down in the low 60's and fifties. The water temp was on the rise until a couple days ago. Yesterday surfaces temps ranged from 60-67 degrees. The wind yesterday was 30-35 mph with gust up to 46 mph. That made for some tough fishing. We did have two follows and caught two pike. We have boated 4 muskies since my last report, nothing big yet. The biggest was a 43 incher that hit a small mepps that i was throwing along a cabbage line. We've been seeing some bigger fish but they're still following a foot behind and a foot below the lure. I'm assuming that the low water temps are keeping them a little sluggish. There have been a few 50 inch fish caught. The walleye fishing has been pretty good. I was out walleye fishing this past tuesday. We caught our limit of walleyes but it took some time to do so. We were using a jig and minnow combo and a jig and leech. We were fishing some of the reefs in big bay. The walleyes we caught were all in 20-24 feet of water right on the breaks of the reefs. The pike fishing has really turned on in the past two weeks we've been catching them throwing bass spinnerbaits in the weeds. If you have any questions feel free to give me a call. 218-780-2615. Thanks. John.
    Reel Time Guide Service
    John Petruska

Web Site: http://www.reeltimeguiding.com

Sounds pretty slow. Have any of the muskies moved on the the rocks or are they still just in the weeds? I heard the only thing moving them are small bucktails, and 6 inch gliders. Hopefully the fishing picks up. I'll be up there for a week here in two weeks. Good luck.

Default rocks

I've been seeing fish on the rocks but just can't get them to eat. The weather is still in the upper 50's and low 60's. Currently it is 57 degrees with a 10 north west wind. The fish that i've moved on the rocks have been on mantas but they've been following a foot behind and 6 to 12 inches below the bait. Smaller bucktails and bass spinnerbait have been working well in the weeds. The pike will keep you busy, they've been p[retty active the past couple of weeks. Thanks for checking us out. John.
    Reel Time Guide Service
    John Petruska

Web Site: http://www.reeltimeguiding.com