www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: My kind of weather for fishing kinzua

Default My kind of weather for fishing kinzua

looks like after I passed up last week to head to the allegheny res. Things are on the brighter side for this upcoming week. Rain and cooler temps. My kind of fishing. miserable for camping at the dewdrop, but fishing might be good. Been thinking about a new strategy this trip. Sizing down for a few hours to a few 8" lures. I always plan to, but can never bring myself to do it. Leaving at 9 am this morning and should hit dewdrop around noonish. If lightning sets in then I can always drink a few cold ones by the fire. There until wedneday night. Will give a report when I return. Would like anyones opinion on a subject - I read an article about some of "The Big open water muskies" like to follow smaller schools of baitfish around and pick them off 1 by 1 instead of eating a larger prey to get their belly filled. ? Was just curious what you seasoned veterans thought. If that is a seasonal thing or what? I would think the less energy they would use would be the answer, But , they are muskies........ Thanks - Fish N ski'

back a day early. only fished till 1 pm today. Caught nothing. The best looking spots I saw according to my fish finder was at the mouth of sugar bay. Marked a lot of fish up in catchable depths, 15 to 30 ft. instead of the usual laying on the bottom. Tuesday was the better day since I did not even see a boat until 11 am. and saw only a few other ones all day. So all -in- all I got 6 hours in monday, 14 hours teusday and 5 hours in today. Did talk to a guy that caught a 30" musky in early june trolling for walleyes at the bridge columns. Black and gold hot n tot. Will head back up july 20th and give it another shot.