www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: need help with raingear

Default need help with raingear

I'm looking to invest some money into some decent raingear, bibs and parka. I'm not sure which direction to go. Any suggestions would be helpful. Looking to spend $150 to $200 or less. Thanks

Check out the clearance section on Bass Pro! They have some nice Gore-Tex suits in your price range!
    I forgot to mention the HPR suit by Bass Pro is what I use and its a great set-up for $200! Its Gore-tex too!
    Brian
    Last edited by muskie24/7; 06-26-2009 at 03:08 PM.

ARK,

Not trying to make you feel like "poor folk" or anything but with a 200.00 cap on raingear, it will be tough for you to find something that will keep you dry in rough weather.

I would try to find a nice Cabela's Goretex Guidewear Jacket (at least )with a hood and just pick-up a cheap pair of WalMart pants as long as you are going to stand up when fishing. Then save up (or rob a store) to get the bibs later as Fall approaches. Keeping water out of your neck area and preventing it from running down inside your torsoe area is the most cruicial.

IMO, the Dry Plus stuff is OK but for a little extra you can have the Goretex 'cadillac'.

Maybe surf the net looking for closeout sales or something on Goretex.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I have the Guide Gear and my brother has the Cabelas Dry Plus pro series and really likes it. We have both worn them tons of times over the last few seasons and have yet to have a problem with either one of them. I would recommend either one. My set was a christmas gift, but if I had to buy a set for myself, I would have purchased the Dry Plus due to the price. The dry plus right now is about $100 for each piece on sale. If you can wait, the wheeling cabelas has a tent sale I think in August, and there are always good deals on rain wear.

gander mountain series. tech20 ( tech 2 then a little o) will be a little over 200.00. parka and bibs

Thanks for the info guys. I was looking at cabelas gear because i've had good luck with their products over the years in waders and vests and hunting clothing(when i used to hunt). Bass pro is out, i had a falling out with them 2 years ago and swore i wouldn't buy a thing from them ever again.

i was gonna mention the gander mtn ones too.

my dad has the tech h2o's and hasn't had an issue. i think the coat was 80 and the bibs were 110...

i have the gander guide series, which, if i remember, was a little more pricey at around 150 for the parka and 180 for the bibs, but mine were also an awesome Christmas gift 3 years ago.

on a side note, i had a pair of bass pro gore tex pants that i would wear on occasion, and they did nothing but leak in all the wrong places.

i woulnd't buy frogg toggs....just save up and get the best gore tex set that fits your needs...you can save by watching the papers..gander and cabela's usually do in store purchase specials of 10$ or more off any purchase of 50 or something like that in the store flyers.
    end of season and closeout sales are an awesome way to score big too.