www.lakegenevacannery.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For Whom The Bell Tolls, Redux

Sully,
    You must be confused again.These fish were caught on the Woods,not lake Wingra in Madison.
    Sadly I have to leave again in the morning.I envy the guys coming in tomorrow.The fish are going.Good all day and Frankie and I had a good evening.One of a number of highlights tonight was a fat 42 inch type that hit my Gramma at the end of a cast and set an all time record for continuous headshaking.It lasted about 10 seconds and covered about a boat length.Then it slugged it out all the way in.Sweet!
    Didn't talk to Steve tonight so not sure how they did but I suspect good.LOTS of fish caught today.
    Glad you aren't here.

You get him Sully. He's burning out both of your two spots. The barge, and the floating dock.

Lisa, far better than the Chef Boy-AR-Dee gig. Funny, but it's the August period that you cannot catch fish in. Hope all is well with you guys.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

Rocco Bratta's 50 1/4" from last week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01031.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	6349  
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Congrats Rocco!Hope your partners thumb is OK.Nasty wound!Too many 'windswept points'and big fish.You guys had a heck of a week.

Thanks Dick!

We did have a great trip as it seems things were really heating up last week. Total was 10 fish with the biggest one pictured and several other mid 40 " fish and several others on and lost plus surface action to boot! Totally awesome and my personal best week.

My buddy's thumb was pretty messed up so a word of advice for anyone who gets stuck by a hook or develops a good cut while fishing, don't handle fish with that hand or wear a glove. I think the slime from handling fish infected his thumb. He's doing alot better and thanks for your concerns. Also wanted to buy your video "muskies on the shield" how can I get one?

Rocco Bratta
    ROCCO BRATTA

Rocco,
    Sent you a PM.Let me know if not received.

Mike Szopinski, with his 52 during the week.
    Guess who will show up with a few beast as soon as he forwards me the pictures????

Name:	Muskie%20005.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	6504  
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Joe Vandermeir with a 51 1/2" from today. Still waiting for some pics.

Name:	Temporary Shit 0nnnn01.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	6508  
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Who's pictures are we waiting for? Why of course Andrew. With his usual covey of weekly 50's. Beautiful 50 1/2 & 52 1/2 beasts.

Name:	50.5 horizontalyyy.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	152.2 KB 
ID:	6511   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	52.5 lightyyy.jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	6512  
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Wow,3 nice ones!I'm gonna hire a different guide!

Just got lucky and was in the right place at the right time. The learning curve sure has been shortened by coming up to Bay Store. I wasn't much of a weed fisherman unless they were combined with rocks but this week sure changed that. There is still lots of learning to do but every year I learn something new. The fish sure seemed to be showing themselves this last week, looks like the guys in camp should have a good week.

Hey DP was that 48 the morning I left off a certain spot I may have seen you on. There were quite a few fish in there at one point, not sure if that still is the case.

Frank go get those 2 big girls on you know where.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Walsh View Post
    Joe Vandermeir with a 51 1/2" from today. Still waiting for some pics.
    Wow !!! What a beauty. The kids were amazed .......wish you could've seen there faces when I showed them this picture. Have fun!!

If you know how tall Andrew is, that fish is even more impressive! Just think if Frank was holding it... it would look like the world record!

You obviously have never met Tony Rizzo. Even Ruhmann looks down on him.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Another week......another 51 for Andrew.

Name:	51kkkk.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	6933  
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Guy comes up for one day, and another 51. Note, this is the Hellkat fish without the dental device.

Think I should have titled this post, "The Andrew Show"??????

Name:	DSC02986.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	167.3 KB 
ID:	6992  
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

He's back.................................

Think this picture was taken to hide the spot??????

Name:	Dick 001.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	121.2 KB 
ID:	6997  
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Nice fish Dick. Looking good. I was sorry Becky and I just missed you. Give em Hell.

Yes, i'm back. after over a month off the water got here last nite.In time to net a biggie for Frankie again,get cut and bruised releasing his fish again,nothing changes I guess.(we did have quite an evening though)
    Overslept this morning but all is well.Got 3 fast including this one I've waited 40 years for on this Lake.Sweet.Sorry about the 'self portraits' but it was a nice one-precisely measured.
    My skills with a camera are what they are but.....Very pleasing day-and we are heading out now so it likely isn't over.
    Nice fish Andrew and I AGREE on the HellKats!!!
    Here's the other pic-as bad(or good) but....
    Sorry.

Name:	Dick_002.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	6998  

Oh my god, that thing is a slob. I've seen plenty of pictures with you and a fish, but, despite the trick shot angle, that fish has got to be one of the biggest. Well deserved.

Butch Zens guided his brother Gary to this 50 3/4" fatty today.

Name:	008.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	147.9 KB 
ID:	7001  
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Thumbs up

Very clean, beautiful Lunge DP! Congratulations!

Dick,
    Congrats on the fish! How does it feel to finally get that piece of as_ after 40 yrs?

Yes Dick congrads on that fish, so is she a "Legal" and I hope we get her in November

Yes.Yes.
    Numbers today.Biggest I heard of so far was 47.Weather changing a bit-lil cooler.We'll see what happens.
    Tony Rizzos old saying of 'any change,is a good change' is largely true I think-except when they already are going.

What..........again???????

Name:	Dick777.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	7008  
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Lets just call this one a 'test'.Poor Frank.So disgusted I cut off tails he rigs me a tripod.=cut tails.
    Then yesterday he rigs my camera vertically on the tripod,makes me pose,marks the precise spot for me to place the tripod and for me to stand.Well he must have screwed up!!!!Certainly I,the 'mechanical man',can't screw up.
    I think he fails to appreciate the 'age' factor.At my age its simply asking a lot for me to secure the net,set up the camera,hit the 'timer',scramble back to the fish,get a grip,then try 'pose',all in 10 seconds.Nowadays it takes me that long just to get to the trolling motor.Not to mention it was still poor light time.Give it up Frank.
    On top of that,this 'Fall' fishing is too dam easy,I'm going hunting.

Default one page only

Im not sure if anyone else is having this problem but when i pull up the bell tolls page there is only one page.I can only view the first page and thats it . any help app.

I would try the webmaster, if you get no help there you might try going to User CP, then Edit Options, and look at settings.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Nice fish Dick! I think you should axe the 10 second camera pic idea and get a video recorder set up like Joe Bucher's. Tape the whole deal! Put it all on your second dvd and post You Tube clips on here and talk about what your doing. Man would that be awesome! Sure looks like some Sept fatties! I'd hate to see them in November. They are some dandies! Keep tallying them up.

Congrats!

Craig

Hi Craig.
    Yeh I hear you.I need to focus(pun?)on a new set up for next year or just stop this.I feel its too stressful on the fish the way I'm doing it now.I actually have most of them on video anyway though so maybe someday i could put....
    Anyways this thread is a good place to put some good news for those that fish here.This incredible stretch of warm stable weather has given us a glimpse of the fishery I think.LOTS of big fish around and an incredible population of 'nice' fish.
    Been here 5 days and its hard to describe -or- believe.Fishing a few hours morning and evening has produced more nice fish than I've ever seen or caught.Multiple 5 fish days and only 2 the whole time under 40 inches.Been going out the last couple hours with Frank and think our worst night produced 2 fish.The only day we fished together morning and evening was slow-we only got 5 with an average of about 44 inches.
    A word for Wendy.Wendy I heard from Butch and Gary you are flying in to fish a couple days with Frank.If this weather holds,you are in for a treat.He has at least 2 different knee knocker brutes lined up-REAL knee knockers.Should be your time!!!
    To everyone else who is still coming for the Fall-you should get some incredible fatties this year.They are here,they are fat,and they appear ready to do business.Good fishing,heading home to hunt.

What a life. I missed a turn some where.

Yes Sully,that explains the 'loose screw'.

Boy am I glad that DP went home and left a few fish without sore mouths for me. Enjoy the hunting Dick. I am sure that Frank kept a few secret spots for us to drag a lure through. Dennis, we might try your favorite spot one of the days. The bell has been sitting idle too long and rust is starting to form on the clapper. We will see what can be done about that.

Tim Grybowski scrapes the rust off today with a 51".

Name:	IMG_344ttt2.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	7496   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_344ttt3.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	107.2 KB 
ID:	7497  
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast