www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Water Temps

Default Water Temps

I don't remember the water temps being this high at this time of year before. Lost land and Teal in the mid 70s already. It's not looking to cool off at all. Makes for good action, but doesn't this make the fish wear out very quickly. What are the best release methods in warm temps like this? Think i'm pretty good but worried about these temps. Thanks for any reply, michael

Mike,
    those are the surface temps, a few feet below the surface it is a few degrees cooler. for muskies in warm water like this, don't over play them, the less stress on the fish the better. if you can unhook the fish without taking it out of the water, and try to handle it as little as possible. make sure the fish is sitting upright, but don't touch it if you can.

Tanner
    Captain Tanner Wildes Guide Service
    Tanner Wildes
    Web Site: http://www.tannerwildes.com

Thanks shouldn't be a problem. Just seemed high for this time of year? Am i wrong? Just not used to the temps and hope we don't stress em out.

I was on Sissabagama the other day and had temps up to 83 degrees! But, It's been really hot, sunny, and calm, which can really inflate surface temps. Even as hot as it's been, it takes more time for the heat to saturate into deeper water.

Like Tanner said, play the fish fast, unhook it right away, and if you need a picture make it quick.

I guess I pretty much said everything Tanner did, haha!

curleytail