PDA

View Full Version : Sat. action

beelzebob
06-21-2009, 02:45 PM
Out on the river as I was hauling a utility trailer full of log siding for my shack. Smallies were shallow or right out in heavy current feeding. I didn't see a musky all day - not til" 9:45 in the evening. Caught fish on bucktails, and even though there was a good hatch going on and fish were on the surface, they were not interested in surface lures. I lost a lot of fish in the morning, used this as an excuse to go into Park Falls and visit St. Croix...... picked up a 8' Avid. First fish in the evening was an 18" smallie and this rod absolutely controlled that fish in tight quarters with wood and heavy current. I can't say enough about how beautifully that rod handles. Anyway, as I was finishing the evening still trying to push the surface bite, a 31" musky popped my jitterbug and cartwheeled across the pool. The rod absorbed everything and kept those hooks glued to that fish.
Left first thing in the a.m. to spend Fathers Day commanding the grill. Saw a nice bear down on F by that brown place that looks like it was a club or resort.