PDA

View Full Version : RFRG 6/21 w/Muskie Matt

Muskie Matt
06-21-2009, 10:09 AM

Whew! Lots of things going on at Wild Eagle Lodge now that summer has arrived, I can bring you up to speed on some of the fishing activities...

We had our first Kid's Fishing Jamboree of the season last week (14th) and a better than anticipated turn-out. The first Jamboree of the season typically sees 6-8 kids fishing, we had 14! Perhaps the nice summer weather brought a few extra guests to the docks. Caught me off guard... loved it...

The Spring Classic Muskie Tournament was also held last weekend at Wild Eagle Lodge. 29 fish total were caught in the day and a half event. There were 108 two man teams, the winning team took home 11 grand with four fish caught! Way to go, that's good fishing. Team "Wild Eagle" consisting of myself and Dave Coons of Chicagoland did place 9th with a 40.75in fish to take home a 400 buck reward...

Then we have the Tuesday evening Chain Pounders Muskie League going on this summer season also. Team "Wild Eagle" is tied for first, actually all 6 teams are tied for first as 12 very good muskie guys have as of yet failed to boat a legal fish, we all got quite a laugh over that at last weeks meeting and it's getting to be quite the challenge to see which team will put the first fish on the books for the Chain Pounders...

Last week also saw young Noah boat his very first muskie, a 34in fish taken with a bucktail. Good work Noah, I think we have a new convert in the ranks...

Surface water temp is running 70-72 on the ER Chain with little bucktails running fast over weeds giving up fish.