PDA

View Full Version : any report from monisee flowage ??

Josh Clark
06-20-2009, 12:14 AM
hello,
I would like to know about moniesee flowage fishing report for shorefihing any fish bite like crappies, smallmouth bass or walleye or any ? plan head out this saturday 20th of june ... any suggest for lure i was thinking of throw jig/twister for anythings
thanks

Musky Phil
06-23-2009, 03:40 PM
Sorry for the delay but I was up north all weekend fishing and finally got time to post.

The bite on the Mosinee flowage has been very good, try working down from the boat landing in River Park towards the cemetery slough for crappies and gills. Work the shoreline wood and downed trees that stick out from the shore for best results. You may even pick up a straggler walleye or bass.

A slip bobber with a small 1/16th ounce jig tipped with a minnow for crappies or a worm for gills will catch all the fish in the area. For best results try setting the bait at different depths starting out at about one foot down and lowering you bait down to about three feet to get all the fish at different depths.

We have really been pounding some great crappies and gills and this has been our most consistent producer. Along with the crappies and gills we have seen numerous “slot” walleyes as well.

Josh Clark
06-23-2009, 10:34 PM
went there last saturday and has good day with some fish catch..
4 smallmouth bass, 3 walleye and 2 crappies plus lost a big smallmouth bass all catch on 1/8 oz orange jighead/twister and 1/4 oz chartruse jighead and white twister
pretty snag underwater..
will have head back sometimes this month..

Joel DeBoer
06-24-2009, 11:45 PM
The musky bite on surface baits has picked up the past few days, presumeably with the hot weather. Topraiders have been working well, as have walk-the-dog style lures such as the Dunwright Dancer. Fishing locally this morning, we had 2 in the boat and released before 7:30 a.m. - both on Topraiders. The bite is on and going strong!

Tight lines,