PDA

View Full Version : trophy vs. catch and release

mzeeinforks
06-17-2009, 08:21 PM
I've been a LOW addict for almost 60 years. My very first trip to Morson was to Fred's Place, later Mylie's Place. I married a girl that I used to harass when her parents were staying at Mylie's. We're still married. On one of the trips, her uncle brought along a love interest to meet the family. Both of my sisters-in-law took their prospective mates to Mylies. We're all still married. My daughter took her beau on a family trip. They're married. My sister-in-law's daughter ... same story. Not a divorce in the bunch. My youngest daughter and a nephew will both be dragging their love interests to Mylie's in August. There may be a pattern here.
Justin tells me he proposed to his bride-to-be at the lake, and suggested I post this thread. He thinks it might be that famous spring water. I think it's a trial by fire for a potential life-mate, but wondered if other readers of this discussion board had their own stories of narrow misses, keepers, or hook and release.
Will be paddling to the Aulneau Peninsula during the last week of this month with my son. The dreams put me to bed each night...
Be careful where you cast your worm, guys.

Justin Gaudry
06-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the story, Val.

I'm not sure Mylie's Place can take any credit for the successful run in your family, but I AM sure Lake of the Woods has something to do with it. It certainly is a magical place where dreams are born and grow no matter who visits here.

We'll look forward to meeting the newest prospective members of the family in August and try to help you break them in up here!

See you soon.