PDA

View Full Version : Is it a rumour that the OH Musky program is dead?

J_Oldfield
06-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Just visited MuskyHunter webpage and one of the SOMA56 guys posted that the Ohio House just voted to kill the muskie program. He is rallying the troops to help Ohio muskiefishermen fight this.

I do not believe half I read on the internet, and I do not want to believe this either. Can anybody shed some light on this please?

Larry Jones
06-05-2009, 07:25 PM
This is what I heard the Ohio State Senate version of the Ohio Budget Bill for 2009 leaves the Ohio Wildlife Division with a deficate of 2 Million Dollars.The Wildlife Division is looking at cutting programs that effect the least amount of Ohio Sportsmen.It looks like Steelhead,Phesants and Muskies are in that group they must choose to cut from.They will not touch Deer or Walleye because that is where most of Ohio Sportsmen are associated.There is still time to send an email to your Ohio State Senator.The decision will most likely come down early next week.

Larry Jones
06-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Last night I sent an email to each Ohio State Senator about all the money Ohio's Musky Stocking Program brings in from musky fishermen who travel to Ohio to fish Ohio's well stocked muskie lakes.That 2 million dollars is not a lot of money to the overall Ohio State Budget and some other avenue of cuts for that 2 million must be there without taking from the Wildlife DNR Funding. Everyone else needs to email every Ohio State Senator as well http://www.senate.state.oh.us/senators/ ,this is the 1st response I got so far. Dear Capt. Jones,
I am aware of this problem and will work to address it in Conference Committee.

Sincerely,
Dale Miller,
State Senator

Larry Jones
06-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Ohio Wildlife DNR was to have had a meeting today to figure out where they were to make the cuts if the Ohio State Senate Upholds the Cut in Confrence Commitee.Anyone hear anything about todays meeting outcome?
We still have a week to 10 days while the House & Senate are in Conference Commitee to come up with one final Bill approved by both sides.
So there still is time to email all 33 Ohio State Senators with your disaproval of the Wildlife DNR Cuts!

Larry Jones
06-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Environment and Natural Resources
Ohio State Senate Commitee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim Schaffer - Chairman

REPUBLICANS DEMOCRATS
Tim Schaffer
Chair Sue Morano
Ranking Minority Member
Jimmy Stewart
Vice Chair
Dale Miller
Gary Cates Fred Strahorn
Bob Gibbs
Timothy Grendell
Tom Niehaus

The Senate Environment and Natural Resources Committee focuses on bills, policies and issues that address Ohio's environment and natural resources, and have a direct impact on the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency, the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, the Ohio Public Utilities Commission, and Ohio's business community and citizens. In addition, the committee makes recommendations to the full Senate for the advice and consent of governor's appointments to the various departments, boards and commissions that deal with environment and natural resource issues.

We need to send this group of Ohio State Senators many emails! http://www.senate.state.oh.us/senators/