PDA

View Full Version : May Trip

Eastwind
06-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Hopefully I will figure out the process of doing this, easilly. Here's a couple pictures caught in Sabaskong Bay in mid May while I was fishing out of Mylie's Place resort. One was caught within sight of the resort.

I got a message telling me that a file of this size (one picture?) exceeeds the limits of this website. Help, anyone.

I suppose if I can't get the pics loaded I can describe them as preety much anything, eh?

E.W.

Justin Gaudry
06-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Hey Eastie,

I downsized the files a bit before I saved them and uploaded them to the website. Here they are for you to describe.

Definitely a couple of beauties. You should try to pick up a quick limit off the dock when you swing in tonight for the boat!

Thanks for joining the discussion.

:)

Musky Old Man
06-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Wow they are some nice fish I hope you left a couple for me the end of June.

Eastwind
06-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Yes, thank you. They are nice fish, by my standards anyway. The walleye is 26", the second largest 'eye of the weekend. My buddy took the pic of the first one and chopped my head off. Notice how he got most cut out of this photo. The Northerm was 37". Both were caught on 6# test with a jig and minnow, then released. A lot of nice fish were comoing out of deeper than usual water that week, May 19th thru 23rd. Three of us landed eight fish over 19" (7 over 20") in two days of Walleye fishing. On the third day, we portaged over to Whitefish and trolled for Lakers. No takers all day but I still love Laker fishing in Canada. The lakers on Lake Michigan, no thanks.

basil
06-11-2009, 03:00 PM
not much different from other posts walleyes seemed to be deep like dick moore said we caught nice sized fish memorial weekend with 2 being in the 27.5 " class released also we caught alot of smallmouth prob 15 in one day the biggest being 19.5 " not sure if thats a good one i dont fish bass at all just caught them all walleye fishing but they were fun to catch i cann see why so many target them. what i have seen is the early walleyes can produce some nice size fish good luck all

Musky Old Man
07-08-2009, 02:21 PM
32 plus years on Lake of The Woods and let me tell you I have to dig deep to find a year when the fish have been fater than this year. All fish were heavy like late fall fish and caught all casting bays with more rock than weeds. as we departed on June 27th that thursday I spotted lots of boats fishing reefs however we were still getting walleye while fishing musky.
I will be up again in the summer August to see if I can top my personal best, I know fishing this time of year is rough but still better than looking at the computer and writing about it.
Hope to have Pictures to show then.
M.O.M.