PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Update 6-3-9

Justin Mullins
06-03-2009, 06:44 AM
The fishing is still going good right now. This will continue for at least 2 weeks. With the spring being behind this will make for a great June.

As of this morning the lake elevation was 6" above summer pool and they stopped pulling it yesterday. This is always a plus but it has not affected the fishing any so far which it usually doesn't when the lake comes up like it did.

The water temp is 73-76 and fish are moved out to weed edges now. The weed growth so far is excellent. There are still a few spots that usually have weeds that are a little behind but that is exspected with the high water issue we have had. The lake is getting clear with some murkey spots here and there.

All of my fish have been moving on EXO's, Stalkers, and a new bait called a Medussa. We will have this bait in here next week. This is a must have lure. Looks great in the water and the fish love it.

The best bite seems to be the first 4 hours of the morning and the last 2 hours before dark. We did move 2 fish on a Meat and Potatoe spinnerbait yesterday. Other than that rubber has been the ticket.

I'm trying to post all I can right now because things will change daily. I will try to keep things updated the best I can to help everyone if they are coming fishing.

We have some spots open for 1/2 day musky trips. So if interested call the shop the next 2 weeks will produce some really big fish!! 606-780-4260