PDA

View Full Version : Vermilion or Vilas County

ryanmitchell
05-31-2009, 02:12 PM
Alright here goes. My older brother is coming up for a long weekend of fishing in 2 weeks. I was just up fishing Teal, Tiger Cat, the Chip and Lost Land over memorial day. I want to take my younger and older brothers to a new spot. I want my older brother to catch a musky and I would like to catch a couple also! Should we venture up to Vermilion in MN (8 hour drive) or hit the lakes around Vilas County Like Squirell, Nokomis, Kentuck (5 hour drive)? We have three full days to fish. All around fishing action is what we are looking for (smallies, walleyes, pike and musky) with a good campground. Can you make any suggestions on lakes or preference on lakes mentioned? Thanks!

ryanmitchell
06-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Has anyone ever fished Vermilion?

ryanmitchell
06-01-2009, 11:51 AM
Scratch all that noise. We are coming back up to Hayward!

Gonna fish Moose and Spider this time, along with the Chip and maybe lost land and Teal again.

Minnesota too far and temps still too low. Vilas is uncharted territory. I hope to god the weeds start greening in those lakes up there soon! I will be checking in. We are heading up Wednesday night the 10th of June. Straight from Beloit to a lake.

Ty, I bought the 9 inch custom black and orange pacemaker at the Chicago Show, and I love it. I wish that I had bought the smaller model. Which color would you suggest for spring fishing on the flowage lakes? I am going to get another one, but Rollie's only has the standard offerings.

Ty Sennett
06-03-2009, 08:27 AM
That standard small walleye one is a good one for spring.

Fred B.
06-03-2009, 09:01 AM
Ty,

Based on the most recent post on Tanner's site, you're right on. Good job!

Fred B.