PDA

View Full Version : Wuakegan 5-30

Captain Rick Bentley
05-31-2009, 07:19 AM
We were part of a 5-boat, 30 passenger group on Saturday that fished from 10am-3pm.

We set the boat down in about 45FOW straight out of the harbor and had action right away. In fact, one Coho took a bait as I was letting it out and for some reason when I attempted to take up the slack, the line snapped losing the dodger/fly, yellow bird, and of course the fish. Oddly enough I was at the boat Friday afternoon checking through all of my lines for abrasions and changing leaders as these Coho are starting to pack on weight and this is the time of year when we will start to lose more tackle.

The first hour and a half was decent from 45-70FOW until the fish shutdown a bit. We then began working the outside edge of the same area and started to take a few more fish again, ending up with a total of 15 Coho while losing around 8 or 9 others. We didn't have it as good as last weekend but it was still pretty darn good. I heard of some faster action a little further south of the harbor from a couple of captains that worked in that area. Still, we measured up about right in the middle of the 5-boat group with a couple boats having a few more fish and the others having a little less. The latter part of the afternoon turned out to be a beautiful one after the sun came out too.

Capt. Rick
Windycitysalmon.com