PDA

View Full Version : Hit baits this year for the muskies?!?!

Steve S WI
05-29-2009, 11:08 PM
Hey musky buds,

After doing some fishing this May and looking at all the baits I bought over the winter just wondering what you all think will be the "break out" baits for 09. Are we going to here that the 2lb Bulldawgs, the #14 blades or etc are going to be the kick butt baits of the year. Any other sleepers? Just wondering what you all think and just excited about fishing. Also I guess I need an explanation to the wife about the credit card bill. LOL:)

Hope all is well to all.

Steve S

DanR
05-30-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm excited about the good old Spanky Baits, Double Cowgirls, and the new Beast willow. Seriously, I bought only six new baits this offseason. 4 more "eagle" colors of Spanky, and two of the Herbie designed Beast giant willows.

-Dan

Steve S WI
05-30-2009, 10:39 PM
Dan, Funny thing, I also bought the Herbie Willows. They just look great and I really did not give them the casting respect that I should have last year. I used to do real well on WI lakes with the Funnk Chickens and these just look better. Time will tell!

Dan have you had the chance to get out on the lake this year with any succes? In northern WI I had some luck with only 1 small musky with my 3 year old boy, which was nice, but I actually caught some big bass and walleys casting for muskies. Go figure!!

ksauers
05-31-2009, 10:07 AM
OK OK What's the Herbie Willow?

DanR
05-31-2009, 11:33 AM
http://www.ebait.com/BaitRigsEsoxIn-LineWilloBeastSpinnerbait.html

glennb
05-31-2009, 11:33 AM
Well, after coming up to Herbie's place for the past 6-7 years, I had to take last year off because of a new job. So after booking the last week in July this year, I just had to get all the "new" baits. My wife put her foot down after she was getting to know all the different ups drivers by name. Then of course I was reading some reviews on sun glasses on the musky hunter site last week and just had to order "ocean wave green mirrored" ones which should let me see into the water like I have xray vision. Hopefully I will actually use some of these lures this year and not be throwing the same 2 or 3 I always do by the end of the week. :)

DanR
05-31-2009, 11:36 AM
Dan have you had the chance to get out on the lake this year with any succes? In northern WI I had some luck with only 1 small musky with my 3 year old boy, which was nice, but I actually caught some big bass and walleys casting for muskies. Go figure!!
Haven't been out. Won't be getting out until late July, unless a short wisconsin trip pops up. But usually, I don't even bother. Limited funds means I gotta maximize my chances, which means I fish pretty much exclusively in Canada these days.

-Dan

Brian Malack
06-01-2009, 01:18 PM
I think the "Jimmy" has a chance to get sucked in by a big musky or two this year on Eagle...