PDA

View Full Version : T.F.F. Update

Don Pemble
05-25-2009, 06:37 AM
The past two days started out slow but finished with a bang. On Saturday, my 5 clients, 2 in my boat and 3 in a tag-a-long boat, started out working Reeves weedless jigs tipped with fatheads in various shallow areas containing wood along with patches of coontail and found nothing but a few small pike. We did managed to find 1 nice eye in a wind blown bay that was relating to the coontail. Moving on to the deep rocks, we boated a few smaller eyes along with a couple of keepers. Our last move was to an underwater point in 5 to 6 feet of water containing small scattered rock piles, here, we found several active eyes. Using both fatheads and 3" Gulp alive Crazy Legs in smelt color, we found out quickly that the gulp was by far the way to go as we boated 13 very nice walleye off of this point and the big majority came on the gulp. Sunday greeted my 2 clients and I to calm conditions with very bright sky's. Starting out working the deep rock piles, we managed a good number of smaller eyes on Reeves weedless jigs tipped with fatheads, we did manage a couple of keepers there but released the rest. Spent the majority of the day working other deeper areas along with some humps only to find 1 more nice eye. Our last move was to try vertical jigging the cribs out there, this paid off big time as we ended up getting our remaining eyes, and nice ones at that, off these cribs, all on fatheads.

Back out today, will keep you posted.