PDA

View Full Version : First Timer Question

Scuba117
05-22-2009, 02:28 PM
I will be making my way up to the Chip for the first time this summer arriving on July 4th. I will be staying at the Golden Fawn Lodge and was wondering if anyone could give me a little advice as to where would be a good starting point. I bought a 04 Lakemaster Chip to atleast give me somewhat of an idea as to where to start. I have been reading that brown/green, black/green bucktails are a bait of choice, as well as pacemakers (which I picked up at the chicago show and look awesome) but any other advice would be awesome. Thanks.

lil man tait
05-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Cast off the dock!! Had a 40"er rip all the line off my boy's snoopy pole while it ate the bluegill I had caught.
tait

Chops
05-25-2009, 07:39 PM
We make it a point to hit a different resort each day for lunch. It's a good way to see and learn what is speacial about the flowage. Prices are reasonable at all, and the food has always been good. Plus you'll get some good fishing tips. Don't miss: R&R Bayview, Deerfoot, Johnson's, Musky Tale, and Tiger Muskie (SW side).
We like to go to Treelands after dark for a great pizza , and to hang out w/ some friendly musky nuts.
chops

Ty Sennett
05-26-2009, 07:56 AM
I would make sure to pick up a black bucktail with a green blade and a black bucktail with an orange blade. Ghosttails have always been good but there are a hundred other bucktail companies that make good lures also. Big Game twitchbaits and Slammer crankbaits are good out there as are some gliders when it's calm. Try the occasional slow moving topwater in the evening when it's calm.

Look for fresh green weeds and if it's calm look for baitfish on the surface. The muskies shouldn't be far behind.

Good luck,