PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report 5/21 - Crankbaits!

Chas Martin
05-21-2009, 11:29 PM
If you were able to hold your boat in the intense wind on Wednesday you probably experienced some great action. The wind made it easy to locate the active fish but holding the boat was not easy task and the bilge pump got a full workout. Temps on the TLC ranged (Wed.) from 54-58 degrees and the wind was out of the SW with gusts up to 30 mph. Throwing crankbaits over weed flats Wed. morning, I landed 6 good size pike, had 6 musky follows (lost 2) and 7 stikes/missed fish. The action was great to say the least. Last night's storms brought much cooler air temps today and the fish were in a totally different mood compaired to Wed. A lazy musky follow and a pike were all I could get going in the morning but once the sun came out in the afternoon, the action was back on. Starting around 6pm I had action from 5 muskies, catching 3 just under-size and had a good fish in the figure-8 for multiple circles. By 8pm the action subsided. Water temps ranged from 58 to 60 degrees and wind was calm, very beautiful evening. About a 6 inch crankbait worked right over the weeds seems to be the key.

Good luck,

Chas Martin
www.muskymastery.com