PDA

View Full Version : Gulp Alive - for Perch, Crappie?

MinnowCatcher
05-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Thanks to everyone who posted about using Gulp Alive minnows for walleye fishing.

So I went to my local retailer and was a bit overwhelmed by all the Gulp Alive products.

Question:

1. Does anyone have an opinion on the use of any Gulp Alive products for perch or crappie fishing at TTF? . . . I'm thinking I'd like to keep some Gulp Alive options in my tacklebox for these fish, . . . grubs? small minnows?

Mark Benson
05-21-2009, 02:44 PM
one grub and one small minnow. Now you got both...

Mark

beelzebob
05-21-2009, 06:42 PM
In the past I had used a version of gulp that looked like Cubby jig bodies, they are specifically for panfish and I had good luck with them once the weather/water warmed up, colors used were white and pink. I have also used the 3 or 4" fry worm with great success on gills, perch, rock bass.... but not crappies. I will tell you that these baits are not durable like a plastic, so don't expect to save vs. live bait costs. The nice thing is that you can always be ready with a variety of live bait - caliber offerings without the storage, space, and care concerns of live bait. And yes, I've had times when gulp outfished live bait, but I've also had times when fish wouldn't touch it yet were taking minnows readily. This has consistently been only during very cold water conditions.

ezerider1
05-22-2009, 04:58 AM
Thanks to everyone who posted about using Gulp Alive minnows for walleye fishing.

So I went to my local retailer and was a bit overwhelmed by all the Gulp Alive products.

Question:

1. Does anyone have an opinion on the use of any Gulp Alive products for perch or crappie fishing at TTF? . . . I'm thinking I'd like to keep some Gulp Alive options in my tacklebox for these fish, . . . grubs? small minnows?

3 inch gulp alive minnows work great for crappie, and the 3 inch
gulp alive leaches for walleye work fantastic for me.