PDA

View Full Version : Crappies on the Flowage???

joeanderson
05-19-2009, 09:41 AM
Hey Ty, I've been reading on your site and some other sites that the crappies having really been hitting on the Chip. I have a cabin on Grindstone and it's really tough to fish, or at least for me. I would like to take my fiance fishing this weekend where we can catch some fish, crappies, bass, etc. I've never really crappie fish before, so any advice would be great! Presentation, depth, live bait, how to locate them, etc???

Thanks and good luck to all....

Ty Sennett
05-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Location is key. jump around until you find them. Once you find them you really don't need live bait. They are stacked up good in some areas. We had our limit in about and hour this morning with three of us. This is an area that doesn't get hit hard but you can find other areas like it if you move around a lot. Look for either brush or weeds because the crappie are staging to spawn or are spawning right now. Regular old tube jigs work just fine.

Hookm49
05-19-2009, 08:38 PM
Was on the Flowgae last week and caught lots of crappies just as Ty said. Had a lot of luck with 1/64 oz Flu Flu jigs in 2 - 5 ft. of water near weeds. Lots of big fish. Also saw then fanning beds in the shallows so they should be on them by now.

John