PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Update 5-19-09

Justin Mullins
05-19-2009, 05:03 AM
They have finally caught up to the lake now. The lake has fell about a foot over the last 3 days now.

This is a different deal than when they pull it any other time. IT WILL NOT AFFECT THE FISHING until it gets close to summer pool and at that time will only slow down for a day or two at the most. Right now it will help with the water coming down becasue there is to much water in behind the bushes and this will pull the fish out to the edges.

I've mangaged to score a fish everyday but all of mine are coming trolling. We have raised fished over the weeds using EXO's, Stalkers, Spinnerbaits but have not done so well in the bushes. Talked to some bass guys and they have been hooking some muskies way back in the bushes so like I said falling water will help big time. Everyday from here on should really be good.

These fish were already shallow when the water came up unlike any other time the water takes a big rise. Usually around June this happens and the fish are in transition moving out and they come back to the edges of the bushes this time is a little different because they were already shallow to start with and it has put them way back.

The water temp is great right now with mid 60's. FISHING WILL REALLY BE GOOD IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. This has added some fishing days for us. The water clarity is clear for the most part the color has left out. VERY FEW spots have a little color but not much.

Due to the extended fishing we are going to have we have some dates open that we usually don't book because it's getting to hot. But with the water issue we have now it will be some great fishing. We will extend out fishing package through June. If you are able to come fishing with us I think it will be worth the time to fish a day or two at least.

Good luck fishing this week and make sure you stop in and hi..

Jerome
05-20-2009, 06:43 PM
Justin,

Hows it going? I'm stuck on the East Coast this weekend, so I may drive over to the Cave for 3 days...... How's the fishing ? Should I do it ? or just go to the Beach and take in the sceinery ??

Jerome

Justin Mullins
05-22-2009, 05:02 AM
Hi Jerome

Would you like trade spots. I could handle the beach for 3 days!!!!!!!!!!

I'm good thanks for asking and hope your doing well also..

Right now we are seeing a couple of fish out over the weeds casting but the only way I can get a bite is trolling.

They are pulling the lake down right now but I don't think that has much to do with anything. It usually never affects the fishing until it gets close to summer pool. The main problem is we got to much water.

I'm not going to say you should not come but if you do don't rule out trolling out over the weeds and the weed edges. These fish are going to take off just about anytime the post spawn bite has yet to be here..

If you don't come don't do anything I wouldn't do at the beach. Take care and I will see you in Eagle River..