PDA

View Full Version : Clear Fork friday 5-15

Roughneck
05-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Clearfork was good to me on Friday. I went with Chuck Wilbert and we fished from noon to after dark. With the front coming in we figured the weekend would be tough. Clearfork is in good shape, visibility is 2 ft maybe a little more. The weed beds are really coming up great, nice edges and clumps to work. Lots of deeper weeds too. water temps were 66 at noon and 68 by late afternoon. The casting bite was good right away but died off late. I got a 43.5" and a 39" on Mepps bucktails and a couple more hot follows. We trolled north bay late afternoon till dark and I caught 4 on AC Shiners, 41, 36, 34.5 and 34". We worked the deeper weeds in 6-8' trolling the AC's on 20' line. We both lost a decent fish while trolling too. I feel sorry for Chuck, all he got was a 29"er, but he was a great net man. Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield.
I hope the weather and heavy rains don't mess up Clearfork, we are right in the middle of good fishing till early June. I will try to attach a couple pictures.
Mark

Mark Steinert
05-16-2009, 09:14 PM
St.Clair numbers on Clearfork!!!!!!!! Great to here Mark. I guess that should quiet the VHS naysayers. Clearfork is still very good. Good job!!!!!!!!!!!

St Clair Hound
05-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Way to go Mark! Getting that retirement practice in for St Clair eh!