PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Update 5-14-9 and water level

Justin Mullins
05-14-2009, 05:06 AM
Wow has it rained or what!!!!!!!! I feel like I live on the west coast or in a rain forest instead of the Daniel Boone..

The lake level is at 10 feet above summer pool and there is still a little run off still coming in. They are not pulling very much because of the rain we are getting today thru the weekend.

This high water has really made fishng up and down really bad. We are finding fish in the bushes really tight with Meat and Potatoes 1 ounce spinnerbaits. Seems the hair is producing better than rubber. Finding fish out over the weeds with Stalkers, EXO's, and trolling. There is tons of bait out over the weeds suspending in 10 feet. Right now I just mix it up we will start casting bushes for a while and if nothing we go to trolling for a while then back to casting again and so on.

With all cool weather we have had this spring these fish have spawned late so them being in a dormat period has not helped things at all. We have got seven fish so far this week and everyone of them have beat up. This should be over anyday now and when it is these fish will show up everywhere on the lake. Another thing to do is when you are fishing a cove and there is weeds in it have one or two guys throw toward the brush and the other one throwing out into the middle toward the weeds. This has produce a couple of fish this week. Another thing make sure you figure 8 a couple of times if throwing to brush seems the fish are coming a little late.

Don't be afraid of the high water it's not near as bad as what you think. Things would be on fire right now if the spawn had happen on time. There is some debris out there but it is getting better everyday. If you go to Beaver be careful most of the markers are gone due to high water.

Make sure you stop in and say hi. Get those stalkers hooks sharp!!!!

53 esox
05-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the update Justin. How has the water level affected the crappie fishing.
Thanks, Greg