PDA

View Full Version : T.F.F. Update

Don Pemble
05-10-2009, 07:46 AM
Walleye action on Friday and Saturday ranged from decent to very good. Doing a half day trip on Friday, my 3 clients and I found very little action in the shallow bays with submerged wood and old weeds, we did find decent action in 12 to 15 feet of water over submerged stumps and laid down timber. Using Reeves weedless jigs tipped with fatheads, we boated a good amount of eyes, 8 of which were keepers by vertical jigging in these depths. On Saturday, my 2 clients and I plus 2 others in a tag-a-long boat found very little action in the same 12 to 15 foot depths, so we moved to a shallow wind blown shoreline with plenty of downed timber and scattered rocks and found very good action. Working this area back and forth for some time with Reeves weedless jigs tipped with either fatheads or Berkley Gulp resulted in roughly 20 very nice sized eyes being caught along with 1 big pike and several throwback hammer handles, we also managed to boat a 37 inch musky on a jig tipped with gulp.

Back out today for an afternoon trip, will keep you posted.

SMahls
05-11-2009, 09:53 AM
Don, what color and size jigs have been the most productive?

Don Pemble
05-12-2009, 07:43 AM
Any bright color seems to work as good as the next, for the most part, 1/8th ounce works the best for most applications, 1/4 works the best when drifting and vertical jigging.

SMahls
05-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the information Don. Keep up the posts, it really helps us amateurs have fun out there.