PDA

View Full Version : 5/9 RFRG w/Muskie Matt

Muskie Matt
05-09-2009, 08:16 AM
A quick update... just cuz the boat is being pimped doesn't mean the fishin' has stopped... quite to the contrary.

I was out the other evening and found water temps (depending where) from 42 to 50 degrees. Mainly focused on tossing a tiny jig n minnow around. Crappies are coming in and with that combo I could pick up both those and wally's.

Interestingly, I only had about an hour and a half to fish last night... third cast brought a large dead weight, first thought: "log". Well, this log started moving around... we all know this story... turned out being a 45-46 inch muskie. On a 16th oz jig and fathead minnow, 4ft ultralight rod, 6 lb line. She pretty much went wherever she wanted for an hour till I could reach down and pop the jig out on one of her passes by me. Cool experience, a preview of things to come... "Gonna be a good year, Tater".

Remember, the WI/MI boundry water muskie opener is May 15th and the general muskie opener for all waters in our area is May 23rd, bring it on, man, it's been a long winter...

Best of fishing to everyone...