PDA

View Full Version : We Have A Winner!!!

40buick
05-08-2009, 04:55 PM
In what may be the closest race in Contest history, Dave B is our winner for 2009. Wayne called ice out at 1:30 pm on May 4. Dave B was exactly 24 hours off with his guess of May 3 at 1:30 pm. Pfessor takes second place with his guess of May 5 at 5 pm, off by 27.5 hours. With what would surely be an all-time most accurate guess was Janelle McFarland who was off by a scant 15 minutes. However, Janelle submitted her guess AFTER the hard cutoff of midnight April 15. What a heartbreaker!

Congratulations, Dave. May you bring honor to the position during your reign.

With less than a half dozen guesses this year, I'm wondering if the contest has run its course. However, I'm quite willing to continue if enough people ask for it. The replies to this message (or the lack thereof) will either keep the contest breathing for another year or let it sail away into a glorious sunset over Witch Bay.

Jratthelake
05-09-2009, 07:23 AM
Congrats Dave, not sure what you have won but come and see me when you get to camp as I have put together something for the winner, that being you. Ill see you when you get here.

Dave B
05-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Finally, after all the years of trying, hard work, research, it finally paid off. This is quite an honor. I am working on my acceptance speech.

Janelle R. McFarland
05-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Oops. Guess I should have read the rules- I just got so excited about submitting a guess that I quit reading the rest of the post.

40buick
05-15-2009, 09:31 AM
Janelle, assuming there is a contest next winter, please try again. Give ol' DaveB a run for his crown.