PDA

View Full Version : Water level update

Justin Mullins
05-08-2009, 04:58 AM
The lake is up a little over 4 feet. The only ramp as of yesterday that had water over the ledge was Claylick boat dock. There is still run off coming in but they did open up the dam a little yesterday but it won't be pulling any water just maybe catching some of the run off in the next two days. Fishing has been pretty weird the last two days for sure. These fish are late spawning right now but in the next day or two they should take off with the water being up. The water is a little merky up toward the south end with the main lake being pretty much clear. I can't believe with all the rain the water has not colored up any. Spinnerbaits in the brush should be dangerous to throw right now. Also trolling over the flats is very productive right now too.

Thought I would give a little update this morning for people coming this weekend to fish. Don't be afraid of the water levels at all it's going to make for some great fishing in next day or two.

Mikey2
05-08-2009, 09:11 AM
Hey Justin,
Thanks for taking the time and effort to post your reports, they are appreciated believe me. I live two hours from Cave Run and it helps a lot to know lake conditions before I make the trip. Your tips on what lures to throw are appreciated as well. Keep a tight line.
Old Man Mikey