PDA

View Full Version : Log jams

eyeshunter
05-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Every now and then I hear someone talk about the log jams south of the power lines... is that in reference to the north end of the flowage by the TFF / Trude lake dike or some other area? I suspect there are a lot of log jams. Thanks

Hot Runr Guy
05-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Sorry, not very good with "Paint". Here is a pic of the area, I've tried to label some landmarks.
HRG
ps: I'll be the boat you'll see waaaay back in there next week!

Nick Kanauz
05-06-2009, 02:03 PM
HRG-
Don't worry...I'm bringing the extendo net Bro!!!!
Bubba

Mark Benson
05-07-2009, 09:35 AM
HRG:

You did a great job, I would have been thinking about the big water on the east side going south toward Beaver Flats.

Mark

Hot Runr Guy
05-07-2009, 08:17 PM
HRG:

You did a great job, I would have been thinking about the big water on the east side going south toward Beaver Flats.

Mark
Mark, thanks. The area you're describing is what my brothers and I refer to as the "Big Jams" (or at least they used to be big). This year is getting close to the 40th anniversary of my yearly pilgrimage up there, sure have lost a lot of timber over that time.

Paul Rothenberger
05-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Here is a good log jam picture. Not sure about the vintage maybe mid 70's is my best guess.

The way we worked the logs is with Weedless June Bug Spinners. Gold for walleye, red/white for pike, silver on sunny days.4772

Paul.

Paul Rothenberger
05-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Sorry forgot to say this is the Big Jams area, or Beaver Flata area, or Northern Pines, whatever you want to call it it is the same log jams.

Paul

AnglerAl
05-11-2009, 08:44 PM
A couple more log-ish photos are still up on www.flowagephotos.com

:)

Lisa