PDA

View Full Version : Boreal Bay - Ice status - May 3rd

Kevin Nelson
05-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Next weekend will be a Fishing Report!

The ice is presently about 1.5 miles out from our shore and we will be able to get to the islands in a couple days. North of us, from the Muskie Bay overlook the ice was still tight near shore. Some warm days predicted and a little rain scheduled for late in the week, so expecting boats should be able to reach the North and East ends of the lake this coming weekend.

We are really looking forward to a few samples of ice-out Lake Trout and it will be great to see so many of our returning guests!

Jean, Jenny and Amy (my wife and daughters - for those who don't know them) are planning to be here in just a few days, for about a week. We hope to do just a little bit of celebrating our 2 year anniversary before we kick-off the start of our third season! Our adventures in buying and operating an 80 year old resort have been interesting to say the least, but our whole family really enjoys being here and seeing the guests year after year through all of the different seasons. Every day we are here is enjoyable and often also an adventure.

Sounding like we should be close to full this coming weekend, but we will have some cabins available mid-week and the following weekend.

We have at least a cabin or two available through the entire season, but it is looking like this year might be our busiest since buying the resort.

Thank-you and Cheers,

Kevin Nelson
05-04-2009, 11:14 PM
Ice is going fast now --- I was able to go out past Two Mile Island this evening, with no ice seen to my south. I could see open water out towards Gull Island. North towards Peninsula Bay was still ice covered and also quite a bit of ice out on Muskie Bay. I would guess 2-3 days should be nothing left of the ice.

The lake is quite high, so need to keep an eye on floating hazards - saw a half tree floating towards Two Mile Island.

Should have a full moon soon, so watch those hazards when out after dark.

Good time for fishing!

Regards,