PDA

View Full Version : I saw Super Carp last summer in Monona

channelcat
04-30-2009, 12:13 AM
I saw one of the largest fish i have ever seen in lake Monona last summer i was fishing from a pier by the triangle but on the main lake on John Nolen road i was trying for gills in the weed i was mid July around noon and as i made a cast out of the weed swam a hog of a carp it moved under the dock to my left in about 2 feet of water as it past under the narrower part or the dock the walkway to the floating pier i saw that its tail stuck out one side of the dock and its head was sticking out the other after the shock of its size i began to cast line at it in an attempt to get him to bite but It just kept swimming on through the weed and out of my sight I guessed its size to be between 50-60inches and It had to be 60lb+ I have never seen something like that before some of you guy might think it was a lake sturgeon but the water was clear enough to see the difference any of you guys seen a monster?

Muskie Nut
04-30-2009, 09:49 AM
Was it a carp or buffalo?

channelcat
04-30-2009, 10:35 AM
good point i forgot that we have buffalo in Monona do they get bigger than the common carp i have never caught buffalo before? what ever i saw it looked like a big carp like fish