PDA

View Full Version : 4/19/09 Report- rainday

Kevin McGill
04-20-2009, 06:31 AM
Hey guys;

Well, no muskies this trip, as Jim Stewart and I spent 8 hours on the lake, in full rain gear. Water temps 52-57, warmest temps in 3 fingers, with shad movement. Lithia, 54 in the mouths of the cove, the farther back you go it got colder,and muddier do to run off from the rain. The best water clarity was the mouth of Buoy Cove, clear down 1.5ft.Saw member John Forsyth, trolling Lithia right behind us , as we made 3-4 passes. Fish suspending, larger fish deeper. Major Bass tournament out of Eagle Creek , 100 boats- bass catches good, most on cranks- 8.5 largest. Some say that the muskie spawning mode is still effect, until temps reach mid 60's. Look Out IMTT- with cooler temps and more rain- it could be a Bust--------------

kev

rdschot
04-21-2009, 03:21 PM
The bass guys thought they would have a slow time and look what happened. The weather will be warm this weekend ,and NO ONE knows what to expect from the fish. I do know that the DNR shocked up some nice muskie on the big lake a few weeks ago... and in good numbers compared to other years. Now THAT'S a fact ... not a guess. There are really few "experts" when it comes to miskie fishing. The chances are fifty-fifty almost any weekend.... I don't need an "expert" for that. I choose to remain positive. We'll see which side of the coin wins.

Kevin McGill
04-21-2009, 04:01 PM
The conversation that I have had with several muskie hunters, is how long of a warm trend do we need to see 65 degrees. Just because that cute weather girls says 80's this weekend, is not going to warm the surface temps to 65 in four days. And with all the rain, the Kaskaskia up here in Champaign County is real high, and they say that the lake will crest by Thursday, How much will they let out. A big drop in shelbyville , will throw off the bite again and again. Its going to be tuff for the IMTT Anglers this weekend. Good luck to all that have entered, and hope to see you guys in June, for the LSMC FATHERS DAY TOURNEY---------------

KEVIN McGill