PDA

View Full Version : Little Yellow River

danthefisherman
04-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Fished yesterday in the boat from 6:45p-8p, mouth of the Little Yellow River with a friend. Ended up with a smallmouth, a largemouth, a whitebass and 10 above average crappies. Missed just as many fish as we caught and lost a nice eye boatside. Drifted with slip bobbers set 4-5ft down in 7fow. Mainly worked the drop from 3.5ft to 7.5ft in the mouth of the river. Will be out again tonight, going to try the main lake also. Good luck everyone!

Jerry Tipping
04-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Thanks Dan;
I am sure everyone appreciates your info.

Keep a tight line!!!

Jerry

snugharb
04-16-2009, 10:53 PM
Where is the Little Yellow River located? Is it underneath the bridge that is near the dirty turtle and buckhorn?

danthefisherman
04-17-2009, 11:58 AM
The Little Yellow River is located SW of the Buckhorn Bridge on HWY G, you can see it enter the lake from the road. I strongly advise purchasing a lakemaster map, it's done wonders for me.

For the report..... Fished last night from 5:30pm-7:45pm, only two crappies and a short walleye. Tried the mouth of the LY at first, then headed out to the main lake. Found the channel @14.5ft, drifted with slip floats 6-12ft down, had two good hits, no fish. I will be back out tomorrow morning early looking for walleyes and crappies. Anyone ever try the fingers this time of year?