PDA

View Full Version : Bait Burning

Red Childress
03-31-2009, 07:50 AM
Have any of you ever tried fishing fast all day long for muskies?? When I say fast, I mean fast retrieval speed when casting. I am especially concerned in hearing about cranks and rubber fished "fast" not bucktails or spinnerbaits.

Good and bad results are appreciated.

Jim_Bortz
03-31-2009, 08:02 AM
I thought maybe you were starting a fire. I've got a bunch of crap from over the years that I'd gladly add for ceremonial burning. HA! :)

Red Childress
03-31-2009, 08:57 AM
The fire will not happen until after the season is over.....all crappy baits go up in a puff of smoke! Let me know if that rod your are selling will be part of the burning session so I can pull it out before ignition!

cband
04-01-2009, 10:10 AM
A few years back, we would smoke bomber long As all day long. We caught more fish during the cast than on the eight-maybe the eights weren't all that great back then either.

Red Childress
04-01-2009, 10:35 AM
That makes perfect sense.....I always use to move the Long-A's pretty quickly but usually put a slight pause in there every 5 or so cranks of the handle.

The Long-A's are such nice baits for the price. The main concern with them is over-doing it with a leader that is too thick. 80lb. Fluoro is the heaviest I will go when using them and still keep good action.