PDA

View Full Version : Big Eau Pleine Fish Kill

Todd Bohm
03-27-2009, 02:51 PM
After spending some time at Bean's Eddy on Thursday, I decided to take a drive over to the Big Eau Pleine to see first hand the fish kill. Needless to say, I can't begin to explain how saddened and shocked I was to see this magnificent fishery reduced to piles of dead fish. As outdoor enthusiasts in the Central Wisconsin area, we have truly suffered a tremendous set-back in the fishery of this body of water. I feel equally bad for the people who live on or near the reservoir and will have to deal with the site and smell of this huge fish kill. What bothers me even more is the finger pointing and unwillingness of any agency to "step to the plate" and work with all of the agencies involved, sportsman's clubs, lake associations, etc. to develop a plan so that this doesn't ever happen again. I would encourage all of us to contact the DNR, WVIC, and our local representatives to voice our displeasure in the situation. I enclosed some pictures from Thursday. These were taken by the "O" bridge. Take a kid fishing!

See you on the water
Todd