PDA

View Full Version : Phantom, Hellhound, or Warlock

jah1317
03-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Anyone have any opinions on glide baits? I originally was thinking of getting another manta, but have since decided to open up my mind to a few other conciderations. I am leaning towards the phantom a little shorter and heavier than the hellhound and I would presume that would transfer into a larger profile. Also, how do these things do in current? I am not planning on hitting any heavy current but if I do I want something that will be decent. Also, colors I am looking for a natural color so throw those in if you want.

Thanks!

Jacob

allegheny river kid
03-23-2009, 08:18 PM
I like the phantom and hellhounds, along with mantas too. The hellhounds really get a nice side to side action and can scoot around up and down to. The phantoms are a little tighter side to side action but also a nice bait...I prefer black and natural colors like perch and walleye..

Joe M
03-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Hellhounds Rock. You can work them very easy. Very slow or fast. T the front hook. Perch and shiner.

muskie24/7
03-24-2009, 08:40 AM
One of my favorite gliders is called the sweet 150, Its made by the Ace Bait Company. Those things are very easy to use and they catch fish as well! I can't believe more people don't use them. They're Awsome!

Brian

Red Childress
03-24-2009, 08:58 AM
I do not own a Warlock but have heard good things about them. As far as Hellhounds and Phantoms are concerned, they are both very nice baits. The soft-tail Phantom can be worked slower since the tail provides more drag on the glide. The soft-tail rides higher in the water column and sinks slower than the hard tail, of course.

Red Childress
03-25-2009, 09:14 AM
If you are looking for another glider that performs very well, give the Amma Bamma's or Jones' baits a look as well. I picked up a few of both at the Butler show and they look very nice in the water.