PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Report

Scott Biscobing
03-21-2009, 05:39 PM
I have been out a couple times the past week or so. we are getting a mixed bag, primarily perch and crappies. The method of choice seems to be tip-downs. Make sure you have a mixture of regular crappie minnows and rosy reds. From day to day they can prefer one over the other. We run our lines anywhere from a foot to 5 feet off the bottom. Last weekend the ice was pretty solid all the way donw and probably 28" of ice. We went out last Tuesday after a couple 60 degree days and the ice conditions changed dramatically. We were still driving on the ice but that was my last time for the year with my truck on the ice. That day it was a different lake but I would say there was maybe 20" and the top was getting really soft. On wednesday a friend of mine was out on an ATV with a buddy of his. He was following and dropped an ATV through the ice. He was lucky as he had a hard time getiing back ouot on the ice. This is the time of year where the ice will honeycomb. It can have significant variations in the ice thickness from area to area.