PDA

View Full Version : If you had to choose just 1...

familyguy
03-18-2009, 09:52 PM
Ty and/or whoever else wants to chip in,
I'm headed up to LOTW in August and I'm going to be fishing mainly the Whitefish Bay area (super clear water). I'm looking at getting a pacemaker, if you had a choice of just 1 to bring, what color and size would it be?

Thanks for the input.

Ryan M
03-19-2009, 08:23 AM
When I've fished in Canada it's always been on stained water, but I think black and orange is a winner where ever you are up there. I particularly like the one that is black with only about an inch of orange on the tail.

I don't think you can go wrong with any pacemaker on LOTW.

Ty Sennett
03-19-2009, 08:31 AM
I do not fish a lot of clear water but from what I have been told and from the little clear water I have fished, the black or black and orange are a good choice. There is a show color that looks to be a good choice also. That one is a cisco colored one. I'll have those at the St. Paul show the first weekend in April.

Snizz
03-19-2009, 08:50 AM
big and black!

Ryan M
03-19-2009, 09:14 AM
Ty, do you have any of the black and orange tails left? I might take one off your hands in St. Paul if so. Otherwise I think Thorne Bros. might have one. Gotta get one before Canada this year.

Ty Sennett
03-19-2009, 09:33 AM
That's a store color. I know Thorne's should have some left. If not, I'll stash one for the St. Pual show.

Ryan M
03-19-2009, 09:42 AM
I know Thorne had one or two a couple months ago. This thread just reminded me I have to pick one up before the end of June. I'll swing by at the show anyhow, not gonna make it till Sunday though, I hate being there the last day.

familyguy
03-20-2009, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the replies, I was thinking the large black glitter one myself! All the opinions are appreciated. Ty, I am nowhere close to St. Paul, how would I get a cisco colored one? Do you sell that color after the show is over?

Ty Sennett
03-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Call me the second week of April. If I have any left after the St. Paul show I will mail one out to you.

Thanks,