PDA

View Full Version : Sportsmans Warehouse going out of business

tblose
03-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Sportsmans warehouse is going out of business. I stopped at the one on Camp Horne rd in Pittsburgh today and everything is on sale. I picked up a new Okuma musky rod and some rapala magnum lures. All lures were 20 percent off, rods were 10. I am sure things will get cheaper as time goes on. They must of had 50 lakewood boxes in various sizes, i hope they go to half off. Just a heads up to those looking to spend some money.

Todd Blose

HBmusky
03-15-2009, 09:30 PM
do you know when they are shuting the doors?

Joe M
03-16-2009, 03:29 PM
I heard the end of May??

muskyjerk
03-19-2009, 12:34 PM
I was there on Thursday March 13th and had a pile of Rapalas in my hand looking at more. They were priced at $6.49 and the sign was 20% off. As I was looking there were two kids rapidly changing the prices of the Rapalas. They told me that the price was now $7.79 (a 20% increase), already changed in the registers and could not be changed despite the price on the wall. the new price at the register would be $6.23. Not really a 20% discount or even a 5% discount from the previous price. Makes me wonder if the intention of the exec who made the 20% increase decision to go with a 20% sale wanted to keep the regular price under the guise of a sale but was as good at math as business ethics.

cband
03-20-2009, 09:15 AM
I Called Monday to ask about a scope I looked at around October. Just like Muskyjerk mentioned, the price was about the same with the discount as it was in October. Never thought much of it until that post.