PDA

View Full Version : Goal for 2009

tblose
03-06-2009, 10:58 PM
This year i want to catch a 50 inch musky and a 30 lb king Salmon, if i do that i will be real happy. What are some of your goals.

RapRunR
03-07-2009, 06:17 AM
Definitely the elusive 50", 48.5 being my pb.
Would like to start targeting browns.
Over 5 lb smallmouth.

allegheny river kid
03-07-2009, 07:13 PM
My goal this year is to put a number of fish in the boat, not looking for abnormally big fish, still want a year with numbers of fish.

jah1317
03-07-2009, 09:38 PM
I am looking for numbers as well, I would like to beat my PB of 43", get my daughter her 1st, get 20 in the net for me, get my dad in the boat as much as humanly possible, catch one on top, catch one on a bucktail, catch one on rubber. Then again I would just like to have fun so I guess we will see what happens.

Jacob

Joe M
03-08-2009, 12:10 AM
I hope to fish with some new guys this year. Fish different waters in Pa then I normally fish. Get a ski for a picture with my baby girl. Win the Pa State championship again.

ttabaleulb
03-08-2009, 12:31 PM
2009 Goals:

1) Easily my main goal for the year, Musky on the Flyrod!!

2) Musky on surface bait (Fly or conventional)

3) Figure-8 fish

4) Continue to learn as much as possible from every outing.

I see this year as being my big "eye-opener" season. Now that I have the gear and a few waters with fish in them, I can really start diggin in and learn. I have already spent a little time developing a spreadsheet to record data from all of my trips. Now, its time to hit the water!!!

Arizonangler
03-08-2009, 05:18 PM
I finally got all the lures and equipment that I think need. :rolleyes: This is the second year that I will be targeting just muskie. I got two sub 40" last year and I am hoping for a 40" or bigger this year. If not, I will settle for anything bigger than I got last year.

ttabaleulb
03-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Arizona,

Sounds like we are both in similar spots in our Musky hunting. This is the start of my 2nd year and I also believe that I now have the "tools" that should give me a chance to at least find these fish. Whether I can get them to bite is a completely different story!! LOL

I found some open water and took the boat out yesterday. Had a tough time with some wicked wind but it was great just to be afloat again. I just hope the waters continue to open with these warmer temps, and soon!! I can smell Esox on the wind and cannot wait to feel/see that first take of the year.

Good luck to everyone this season and I hope we all reach/pass the goals that we have set.

BRING ON THE TOOTHY CRITTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red Childress
03-12-2009, 07:57 AM
I hope to do more night fishing/spotlighting this summer. With most of my summer trips beginning in the early am and finishing in the afternoon, it makes it hard to stay out until 1am, charge batteries and then wake up at 4am.

Hopefully, I will get more clients to do the night fishing gig this summer. I have not done as much night stuff as I would like since I started a family. The kids are older and I am not getting any younger so it is time to get back in the darkness!

ThreeRiversEsox
03-12-2009, 09:34 AM
I have alot of goals this year, so I'm gonna have to make sure to get out enough to have a chance to achieve all of them!! Good thing I'm not going to Canada this year so I have some extra vacation. I would like to:
1) catch a 40"+ musky on my flyrod.
2) catch a couple fish on my own baits (Esp. the 10"er!!)
3) catch a fish out of French Cr in the summer.
4) Float more water.
5) Find the next Tamarack ;)

HBmusky
03-15-2009, 09:28 PM
my goals are to get out and fish working hard ,need to release and be on the money when I find time to go out. Looking for a 40+lb is a good goal t o set.

muskie52
03-16-2009, 01:22 PM
My goals are to fish more for one. And I would really like to catch more than a few. I only got out a handful of times for muskies last year. Lack of cooperative fish curbed my enthusiasm somewhat. I got stuck in a rut. Looking back, I realize that I kept doing the same thing yet I kept expecting different (better) results. I need to analyze the conditions and react accordingly. And just be more versatile.

b.bent66
03-17-2009, 10:45 AM
get out more is #1 #2 catch my first muskie