PDA

View Full Version : Cabela's Goretex Guidewear

Red Childress
03-05-2009, 10:02 AM
I decided to purchase another Cabela's Guidewear Goretex suit 2 weeks ago since mine old set started leaking a little. My old set lasted through 9 years of fishing, snow removal and snowman building.

I can tell a big difference in materials used to make this suit as compared to my older set. When this new suit is zipped up, hood on, and cuffs tightened, the only thing that is exposed are the bridge of my nose and eyeballs. It provides a little more coverage than the old set.

I highly recommend this suit for any of you with 480.00 laying around with nowhere to go. :)

Trooper
03-05-2009, 10:35 AM
I would also like to second that. I bought the Cabelas gore-tex guide wear system, the one that has the zip out jacket liner. Excellent quality and very warm. Used it this year ice fishing on High Point which is located off Mt. Davis in Somerset and loved it. I bought the guide wear insulated bids to go with it. Highly recommend this item but it will cost you.

BeaverCountyMusky
03-10-2009, 10:50 PM
I just purchased the Cabela's gore-tex gear as well. FANTASTIC!!! I didn't buy the insulated system, because I want to be able to use them all year if need be. Well worth the money though(thankyou tax return), as long as you take care of them. I lucked out though. I purchased the bibs for around 200 bucks, and then I went into the bargain cave and found the matching jacket for 100 bucks!!! As I'm sure you all can imagine, I pee'd in my pants....Red inspired me to buy them on our trip in early November. Thanks sir.

Red Childress
03-11-2009, 07:52 AM
I should have checked the bargain cave for the Goretex too.....I picked up several spools of Ultracast in the "cave" for 70 percent off.

I like going the uninsulated route as well. I get them a little roomy so I can layer during the winter months but still use them during summer. If I got a great deal on the insulated, that might change my thinking.

psv
03-11-2009, 07:34 PM
One of the best investments I ever made. I bought Uninsulated Bibs and Parka with wind stopper jacket last fall.. Great product and looks good as well. It's like outdoor Armani