PDA

View Full Version : Lake Alice Gamefish Closed Season

Aquatic Arts Fishing Pro Shop
02-24-2009, 10:16 AM
Lake Alice and the Wisconsin River from Kings Dam up to the Rhinelander paper mill will close with the regular gamefish season and will open with the regular fishing season ( first Sat in May).

Dave

newoodhntr
02-26-2009, 08:58 PM
The game fish season on Alice this year is open until April 1 2009 and next year it will be the same as the rest of the state.

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/news/BreakingNews_Lookup.asp?id=1128

02-27-2009, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the link, I searched the D.N.R. website and could not find any info. I wonder what kind of fishing pressure this will put on Lake Mohawksin?

Thanks
Dave

newoodhntr
02-27-2009, 10:32 PM
And what about the pressure from Pride Dam south? It should help Alice alot exspecially with the ice fishing pressure it gets now days.

02-27-2009, 11:19 PM
I talked to Dave Seibel today and he said that the people wanted Lake Alice closed not the D.N.R. There are no plans to close any other parts of the Wis River. Your right I think it will help the Lake Alice Walleyes.

Dave

bassin hook
03-01-2009, 09:52 AM
it should be a big help to the system. I think its agood thing.But the river in town will be busy this year.

03-01-2009, 10:15 AM
Yep, they will be lined up at the boat landing! The one on Deer Park rd will be crowded untill the others open up. (ice)

Dave

ChillOutWayne
03-24-2009, 02:32 PM
In a way I agree with this, it will help the overall population obviously. But for people like my group, where we annually make a trip up there every April for walleye and strictly catch and release, it kinda sucks.

But after heading up the river just once and watching 2 boats next to us keeping every walleye they caught (some appeared to be 10 inches or so) and just making shame on the sport, im glad it happened.

We will see what we will do, Alice will be a mess when the season opens, might have to just cancel it and stick to Canada once a year.

Thanks for posting it up. We almost made big plans to head up in a month or so, oh well.