PDA

View Full Version : New report!!

slammer
02-18-2009, 12:50 PM
Fished all day yesterday starting out off the Days river and talked to a few guys fishin for pike and walleye. They had no flags yet and it was 10:00 am.
I moved to deeper water and fished perch in 15ft. and tip up at 23 ft. off the center reef. Nothing. Moved at 3:00 and set up on a deep flat and caught only 2 dinks, but marked good fish for quite a while. Went home empty handed again. Went out this morning in the new snow (blowing snow that is) and set up in deep water again and got smacked before the first jig hit bottom at about 12 feet from bottom. Dink! Oh well not bad for the first drop.
Marked tons of fish and then Ol Walter snuck up on me and finally had the fish I was waiting for all year (nice pig all of 8+pounds) and thanks to my Vexilar transducer he got off right at the hole. Would probably have been released anyway after a few pics, but it just isn't the same. After this incident I realized I now need to switch to Gorilla glue instead of the super glue as more *$#+ went flying in the shack again . Continued to mark fish until 10:00 and then it shut off . Ended up with one keeper 19" and 2 13" bonus perch and threw back a few dinks. Their there, but just aint taking it no matter what ya throw. You name it I threw it. Back to work tomorrow so won't be out for a week unless I sneak out Sunday. This should give me plenty of time to let the glue set. Keep the reports coming!
Slammer!!!!

owtdorsmn
02-18-2009, 01:25 PM
So, what was the hot bait and depth your fish came from? Inquiring minds want to know?

WalleyeUSA.com
02-18-2009, 01:36 PM
Good job Slammer! Next time move the vex asap!! :D

North Town
02-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Next time try punching a second hole just for your transducer...

slammer
02-18-2009, 03:28 PM
Never had much of a problem before but @#$% happens. Will take advice and proably punch an extra hole for the ducer. As far as depth and color it was 40 ft and there was no hot color, they were looking at everything. The one that got away was on a Clown Rap. Perch were on green buckshots with 2-3 inch minnows. Gorilla glue was the 6oz. size. Takes longer to set in this colder weather. Slammer!!!!

birddog94
02-18-2009, 03:49 PM
:DThanks for the report,slammer.But,what we really need are the GPS coordinates of the places you were:D. Still pondering the drive down tommorrow.

jtourangeau
02-18-2009, 05:37 PM
I always drill a 2nd hole so I can lose em by hitting the botom of the ice. You can have X,Y,and Z covered,but bad luck is just that.