PDA

View Full Version : Rod holders

Trooper
02-17-2009, 01:31 PM
I am currently in the market for rod holders to set up my Crestliner 1600 Fishhawk. I been checking out the Driftmaster rod holders and was wondering if anyone else has ever used them or had other suggestions to go with. I want them mainly for trolling walleye and pike. I will also be using the for bluegill/crappie with live baits off the side of the boat. I talked with a rep from driftmaster and suggested to go with the duo 265H which can be used at 0 degree and also at 30 degree. I just hate to drill a hole in my boat and make a wrong decesion.

Thanks
Nick

Red Childress
02-17-2009, 03:47 PM
You really cannot go wrong with the DownEast or Folbe rod holders......I use the DE's (powder coated) and really like them. I have 0 experience with the Folbe's but I have never heard any complaints except for the possibility of somehow breaking them in frigid weather.

Hope this helps.

muskie24/7
02-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Hey Nick, Take Reds advice with the DE's. They are a one time investment! You can get the ones that need drilled and mounted, or you can get the clamp on style. Either way you won't have any regrets!

Brian

Joe M
02-17-2009, 08:11 PM
I used the down east and Fish On rod holders. I like the fish on holders the best. You can lift the rod up when going over weeds or sand bars, or dragging bottom. They are cheaper and also guaranteed. Just my 2 cents!!

Little35
02-17-2009, 09:34 PM
I used the down east and Fish On rod holders. I like the fish on holders the best. You can lift the rod up when going over weeds or sand bars, or dragging bottom. They are cheaper and also guaranteed. Just my 2 cents!!

If you decide on the FO holders I would use the Ranger style rail. If you like the DEs then I would use a track setup.

Red Childress
05-13-2010, 07:00 AM
pulling it back up