PDA

View Full Version : north bay or south bay

andya12420
02-16-2009, 08:43 AM
I am planing to make the trip to lbdn tomorrow morning. I dont have much experience fishing the bay, any info on where to go to try for some eyes and maybe a white fish or two. Ive read the recent posts and it sounds like its pretty slow, but a bad day of fishing is alot better than any day at work! any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

The Bait Shop Guy
02-16-2009, 08:11 PM
If you want to have a chance at both species, you'd be better off fishing south of Gladstone, (it's unusual to catch a whitefish north of town.) Unfortunately, the better walleye bite has been in the upper bay. One good thing in your favor is that the walleyes typically bite better at sunrise and sunset, and the whities bite during mid day. A good game plan would be to fish the upper bay near Center Reef in 10 to 20 FOW until about 10 o'clock. Pack up and head to the Escanaba harbor mouth and fish whities out in 70 FOW until about 3. Move towards the Escanaba lighthouse and set up on the breakline, or head back to the upper bay, and fish old Walter until after dark.

Good luck. Let us know how you do.

andya12420
02-18-2009, 06:58 AM
Thans for the reply bait shop guy, unfortuntally dident get it intill i was back home. Anyway set up off the yellow gate in about 24 fow. Lots of small eyes, no keepers. Moved down south of gladstone for the afternoon with no luck at all. Only maked maybe ten fish from noon till seven. rough afternoon!