PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning Report

DJMart
02-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Went out from Kipling, fishing in 17 feet of water. Marked lot of fish in the morning, but all that I caught were small perch (6-7inch). Many fish would come up to lure, but wouldn't bite.

RudyG
02-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Was out on the south end myself... Spotted fish but couldnt get bit! All Day.. 12 hours of fishing and nothin to show for it... Fishing was great .. catchin $ucked!

I did, however, see a 30 incher another guy caught about 10:30 AM... weighed out at 10.5 lbs. Boy the bites been tough for me this past week... need to give it a rest I think.. Getting frustrating!

Real loud out there today... Snap, crackle and Pop all day. Makin ice like crazy!

jigrapper
02-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Fished out of Kipling today. Notta!!!! in my favorite perch spot.

Moved to deeper water about 11 this morning. Actually marked fish all day and ended up catchin 12 small walleye. Thought maybe the evening bite would see some legal fish but nothin doin. FRUSTRATING is right!!! Not sure what to think about this years fishing......been tough!!!

slammer
02-16-2009, 09:12 AM
Welcome to my world. Didn't even fish on sunday, my ass was still sore from sitting on it fri and sat and not having to get up to chase flags. Going out today to try and find some perch. Will keep moving every 10 minutes and see what happens and don't know where I'll fish tonight. Will give a report tonight. Any other reports from the masses that where out there this weekend would be great. Did anybody do any good!! Slammer!!!

walleyeguy
02-16-2009, 10:37 AM
I fished last night for a couple hours, marked 4, missed one good one. Report from everyone I talked to was zeroed to one, maybe two. Should get better after this full moon period is over, bite has been pretty sour since the full moon but they gotta eat sometime...

Kevin Lee
02-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Was out for the last couple hours yesterday and never marked a single walleye. Experienced the same (lack of fish) on Friday. Guess I'll get serious about the Burbot if this keeps up!!!

raywriter
02-16-2009, 12:03 PM
I spent Saturday morning north of Kipling and south of the Days River in 14' to 26' with eight perch as a result. One rod down with a large shiner, the other rigged for perch. Tried lots of options, soft plastics, waxies, spikes, small minnows, wigglers, jigs, small spoons, tiny Raps, used scent and attractors, but the bite was slow. Came back Sunday afternoon into evening until after dark. Used the same rigs, but had the same slow bite with fewer fish. The heaviest concentration of fish I marked was the evening bite in 26', but there sure weren't many feeding for all the marks I saw. Considered dynamite, but could not figure a way to do it safely!

retardedherring
02-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Fished Sat. & pm. Sun. am 4 guys. Ended up with 4 legals 2 shorts 2 missed
all south of Gladstone. Tried every thing all but one were on variuos spoons tipped with minnow heads other on med. sucker on tipup.