PDA

View Full Version : Batting 1000 02/11/09

Kevin Lee
02-11-2009, 11:05 PM
Yup, Theresa and I caught every fish we saw on the graph this evening. That's right, both of them!!! We had the lines in the water about 4:30 this afternoon. My wife and I, my brother Kenneth, and his friend Mike and Mikes son Shane. I dropped Kenneth, Mike, and Shane off at one spot, then Theresa and I headed to another spot about a 1/2 mile away. Theresa and I were not even seeing anything on the graph where we were, even though it was "primetime". So I called Kenneth and he said those guys were marking a bunch of fish, but could not get them to bite. They had managed to land a couple throwbacks, so they were pretty sure they were walleye. But just could not get any keepers to go. Shane finally caught one about 16 or 17 inches. Kenneth finally hooked a good one, but it came off. He ended up icing a really nice Whitefish on a Rap (after dark for crying out loud). Don't see that very often. Theresa and I FINALLY marked a fish at 6:30 and she got it to hit. Turned out to be a nice 17 incher. At 6:45 I got the 2nd fish we saw all evening to hit. This was a fat 23 incher. So Theresa and I batted a 1000 tonight since we hooked and landed the only 2 fish we saw the whole evening. Would be nice to have a few more pitches thrown next time...

CaptainKenLee
02-12-2009, 09:45 AM
Yup...marked a lot of nice fish, lost the first two keepers at 5:45, then caught a fish right at 15 inches (released it), lost a good walleye, and then some doofus decided to drive right by us dragging his shack at 6 p.m. and that was it....fish were gone! The fish were actually biting really good last night, we just couldn't keep em' hooked for some reason. Marked more fish last night than I have in a long time, but when the noise came by...they blasted off of the hump we were fishing. We did get into the whitefish after dark, I lost two and caught a really nice one on a "project X" bait. Shane's walleye engulfed a holographic purple tiger Ice Darter (http://www.icedarter.com) and had to get the hemos to remove it. The rain is coming down pretty good right now, I hope it freezes up soon or it's going to be very sloppy out there. Good luck from all of us in the Bay de Noc area.