PDA

View Full Version : New video in the works

Pete Stoltman
02-11-2009, 12:06 AM
After much talk and procrastination, I'm please to announce that Matt and I are well on the way to having our first "feature film" become a reality. The video is an instructional on how to build your own bucktails. For years I've had guys ask about how to go through the mechanics of tying and building bucktails. There is no other video of this type that I'm aware of and so for the first "RFRG Production" we decided to tackle this topic. We have most of the shooting done and will soon be working on the final editing. Watch this report and our websites for more information as the video becomes available.

WildEagleDerek
02-12-2009, 01:19 AM
Looking forward to seeing it guys. Besides the satisfaction of boating a fish on a homemade lure, what are some other benefits of building your own bucktails? Price is an obvious one...what are the costs of doing it yourself versus buying it in the tackle shop?.

Muskie Matt
02-13-2009, 11:42 AM
All your questions should be addressed in the video, meanwhile, here's a quick peek at the cover of the first RFRG instructional DVD... lot of "tweaking" and a re-shoot or two still to be done, but she'll be ready for the 09 Rollie catalogue.

gfisch
02-13-2009, 04:13 PM
As a person who has and still is making my own bucktails and jerkbaits for 20 plus years, I would have to say it is really cool to be able to catch something on a lure that you made. Kind of like outfoxing the fox so to speak when you fool a musky. It can be cost effective, but having an inventory of items somewhat negates that factor to an extent. The total cost is determined by the quality of product you put on. Magnum blades are alot more expensive than #5 French blades and so on and so forth. It's fun to do different color combinations or lure types that you know fish may have never seen before. If you make a color that you don't see fish on, no problemo, just rip it apart and build a different one.

Everybody has hobbies, bowling, golfing, etc., mine happens to be making fishing lures. When it's 20 below zero outside and Global Warming is getting the best of me, I retreat to the basement to make a musky lure.

Buy the video, I will. I'm sure Musky Matt and Pete will make it informative and fun.

gfisch

Muskie Matt
02-14-2009, 01:04 AM
"When it's 20 below zero outside and Global Warming is getting the best of me, I retreat to the basement to make a musky lure."

You hit the nail on the head with that comment... another thing you mentioned was the satisfaction of catching a fish on something you made yourself... probably the biggest reason I put together my own bucktails from time to time.

Pete and I want to do a few RFRG videos, just "this is what we do and this is how we do it" type of things. Entertaining? With Pete and I together? O ya, "entertaining" could be putting it lightly...

Thanks for the kind words, we'll do our best to deliver a true "Regular Fishin' for Regular Guys" experience.