PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Report

Pete Stoltman
02-10-2009, 11:56 PM
Well, I had quite a weekend with a great visit from brother in law Art. He's quite an outdoorsman and up for just about anything. We fished the "Holes for Life" ice tournament on Saturday and Art got his first pike through the ice under a tip-up. It's always fund to see someone get a "first fish". He did a great job and played the pike just right when it took a couple runs. In addition to that we managed to jig up a pretty good bunch of perch but no prize winners this trip. Perch were hanging out just off the bottom over flats in about 15 feet of water.
Sunday we spent a good part of the day snowmobiling around the northwoods. Trails were in fair condition overall but we hadn't gotten the real warm-up just yet. Art and his lovely wife Pat then came over and joined us at the RFRG show in the evening. This was a repeat visit for Art as he had been with us in the old studio just prior to a dog sledding trip last winter. Monday I managed to scrape up another day off and Art, Pat, my wife Karen and I made another snowmobile run. Trail conditions were starting to deteriorate pretty badly but we did manage to find some pretty decent conditions between Boulder Junction and Star Lake. Overall we had a lot of fun and the little warm-up we experienced was a good boost out of the mid winter cabin fever.