PDA

View Full Version : Review: Spanky Baits 8-Ball

Paul Schlagel
02-01-2009, 11:09 AM
I already mentioned this in a previous post about the Milwaukee show, but I thought I'd bring it up again as a review now that I'm posting these off-season tackle reviews.

Spanky Baits is coming out with a new spinnerbait called the 8-Ball that is pretty unique. It has a magnum willow blade that's unlike any other spinnerbait out there. I got some prototypes at the end of October and really, really liked it. The thing has a thump to it that's different from any spinnerbait I've used. On Mille Lacs or any other pressured water it'll be nice to throw something they haven't seen yet. I didn't run the thing as much as I would have liked because I got them at the time of year when we're running a lot of Pounders and other magnum plastics, but I used it enough to know it'll work plenty well. Just like the Fireballs, the construction is super tough. The wire is really heavy and it has big, heavy-duty Siwash hooks. The blade is also heavy-duty and it's attached by a good ball-bearing swivel, not a crappy barrel or crane swivel. The skirt color and blade options look to be just about endless, just like the rest of the Spanky Baits line-up. It just been added to the website. Stop by at the Milwaukee and St. Paul shows and check it out.

http://www.spankybaits.com/index.php?categoryID=14