PDA

View Full Version : Chautauqua Lake makes the list.

Red Childress
01-27-2009, 09:00 AM
The new issue of MHM has Chautauqua Lake listed as one of the top musky lakes in the US. While it has not coughed up 50 pounders lately, the lake is very fertile with a great population........ there are some real bruisers in there that are often tough to get.

toothyfishman
01-27-2009, 12:24 PM
I was okay with them forgetting about the place.......:)

I didn't get to read any of it yet but paged through it fast

Red Childress
01-27-2009, 12:43 PM
I was ok with them not mentioning the other place as well.....

toothyfishman
01-27-2009, 07:01 PM
It's the double edge sword, get noticed and stocked and enhanced but have people come or keep it to yourself and maybe not be noticed and enhanced.

Be noticed I guess wins.

Very good articles this month, I got in trouble for reading all night and not talking to anyone

stevewarner
01-27-2009, 07:18 PM
By the way Red,Are you Mr. October on the 2009 MHM calender?

Red Childress
01-28-2009, 06:13 AM
Yes. They ran out of pretty fish pictures and decided to put my ugly mug on there for October.......must have been a mistake because sales of the calendar are way down! :) lol

NitroMusky
01-28-2009, 07:36 PM
read the damn thing cover to cover yesterday. LOL! It arrived just in time for my flight to LA, talk about good timing! yippee.

personally I dont think the article told anyone anything they didn't know. If they read the mag then I'm sure they know these 'usual suspects' lakes already.

I was a bit surprized to hear how high they ranked Georgean bay though. got me thinkin about a trip up there this summer!